JP On Gaming

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July Commissions: Pathfinder for Brad!

If you ever ask Brad to tell you about the meteor hammer, you're in for a semi-rant about why it should be a monk's weapon. It's quite interesting and fun, though a tad time consuming.

When he gave me the mini to paint, I got to hear the rant... So I redirected the discussion to "if you want, I'll model one for you." The original model has a spike chain, which looks fine, but does not feel very dynamic.

For those of you who do not know what a meteor hammer is, it's the weapon the Japanese schoolgirl in Kill Bill Vol 1 uses against "the Bride". There are many types of meteor hammer, but they generally have one ball-shape end - often with spikes or studs. The other end is another heavy weight. So looking at the many bits, I chose to pick a spear head and a flail head for the weapon. They are a little bigger than they should be, but it just looks more fitting in a fantasy setting.

So I took a hard piece of steel and twisted it to give the new hammer a feeling of movement, of someone flying the weapon threateningly.

With the converting and painting done, I realized the issue I created for myself... The weapon was so big I had no way to store it. So I had to twist one of the head a little more to fit into one of my many Walmart pill bottle. So I fixed my issue that way!

Last night, when I returned the mini to Brad, he was extremely pleased. I did warn him to be careful as the weapon is... It's a weapon!

JP

PS: A big thanks to Brad for the pictures...

2 comments:

  1. Rant? It's not a rant, it's a well reasoned logical explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't go into more explanation... And I'm not asking WHY you think it should be that way... ;)

    ReplyDelete