JP On Gaming

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Gladiator Tuesdays: Hoplomachii Part 1

A few weeks ago, I won a lot of more than twenty or so gladiators. Originally I was planning to use them in a game that would serve as a revitalized version of the Gladiator rules I created almost fifteen years ago. The FOTOG (Fall of the Ohio Gamers) group was to run a game day early in April.

I have been thinking about that little rule set and how easy it was to play it with kids 7 through 12. It might be make for a great future release for FOE... Ha! possibilities!

These four are the first of a series of gladiator-related posts. I hope to have the rule touched by the end of the series... At least until I run out of post for a weekly series.

They are equipped as hoplomachus, with the round shields, helmet and sword. The hoplomachus was inspired by the greek hoplites.

For these models, I realized that I did not have shields for all of them, so I dug into the bitz box.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment