JP On Gaming

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

An honest shot: JP tries 5e

For years now I have been talking about it. For months I have been avoiding it. But now that I am here in Nashville by my lonesome self, I decided that I was going to say "ah shucks!" a give the game an honest go.

While I must admit that I set my expectations very low, I kinda hope to be pleasantly surprised. It has been years since I picked up a WotC product. I read and heard a lot about them but nothing thus far makes me think 5e will make me drop Pathfinder.

Not to mention the lackof an OGL or any official word on what that will be like... Many of you don't care and shouldn't. But as a 3PP this is important to me. I would hate to have to pull products because suddenly Wizards dont like us anymore.

I have always seen us 3PP as the free marketing branch of Wizards then Paizo. We write material. We run games. We talk about both to all of our friends all the time. Encourage play. Promote events. As I said: free marketing.

And knowing more than a few 3pp guys. They work hard at producing better and beutter material all the time. Especially as an edition grows more mature.

So I did not want to turn this into a rant... I just wanted to say that I was going to try 5e.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment