JP On Gaming

Sunday, February 7, 2016

GenghisCon in Denver

With mid-February fast approaching, I feel I must post my travel plans. Yes after a two year absence, I am going back to Colorado to take part in GenghisCon in Denver on Feb 11-14. For those who don't know, Genghis Con is the longest-running gaming convention in the front range (it is almost forty years old).

A few months back, I received a phone call from Rob at Gamer's Haven asking me if I wanted to come to Colorado for Genghis. Pfff what a question: OF COURSE I wanted to go! So the guys from Gamers' Haven will be running the miniature events (awesome!). So with that simple phone call, I will be off to Denver.

Now since I left, there have been a lot of changes in the running of GenghisCon and Tacticon. The old DGA is gone and a new one rose in its place. This has ruffled quite a few feathers. However, having talked to Matt (who now runs the show - literally), I am quite encouraged by this development. Sure things are very different and some long-time volunteers will no longer be involved. However, from what I heard some of the issues I had with the con have been addressed. Which makes me very interested in finding out how everything works now.

I fly into Denver International Wednesday around 6pm and will be heading to the Springs to say hello to the folks from the 'Haven. I had initially planned on playing the Encounters, but I don't think the time frame will allow that. So I'll just stop on by (some may say "Shop on by") and say hello.

During the day on Thursday, I'll be "around" I'm not too sure what I will do yet. Here is my schedule for the con.

SlotGameStatus
Thursday EveningLegacies: Path to AmbitionGMing
Friday MorningLegacies: And Everything NiceGMing
Friday AfternoonLegacies: Doud Where's My Cart?GMing
Friday EveningD&D Epic battle (maybe)Playing
Saturday MorningLegacies: Doud Where's My Cart?GMing
Saturday AfternoonMiniature gamesPlaying
Saturday EveningSavage Saturday NightPlaying

I had originally planned on running games on Sunday, but my flight back to Nashville prevents me from doing that, so I had to cancel those events. There are still a few tickets available for the Friday and the Saturday game.

For those who wonder, YES, GenghisCon will be a premiere event for all three of the adventures meaning these tables count of the follow-up.

Now I need to print out a few things.

JP

1 comment:

  1. This is the best function room in the city. The food they served at Chicago event space was warm, fresh and tasty, and the panoramic window is a sight to behold on a clear day. Their main hall was similar to a club/lounge – however, it had more of an intimate feel.

    ReplyDelete