JP On Gaming

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Onero: City of Sins released!

I ran a poll on our Facebook group only to find that *everyone* voted for option one! I liked that one, but also had a soft spot for the other two. So in sight of this, I cut the voting short and went with it.

I added the cover to the book and voila!

One of the things that I love about this book, and Randy did a great job of it, is that it is pretty much system-agnostic. The two elements that are specific to Pathfinder are the settlement entry, and the prickle: a new monster unique to Onero.

Why is that, JP? You ask. Well simply, because once I believe that once we present game elements about something, that is locked forever. Let's say (for example, that's not the case) that we present Duchess Krava as a Chaotic Evil Wizard 12. This gives her some basic skills, abilities and resources. Then we cannot use her as lawful good cleric or as a druid in a later adventure. I much prefer leaving those things unclear, give the prospective GM the information and let him decide for his own game. Unless you expect or want the PCs to fight something, there is no need to provide a stat block or game entries.

This book is the first entry into a "Greater Faremh" book we will be building together.

Now I need to go back to my writing board because I have a few more ideas I need to expand upon!

You can get your copy of Onero City of Sins directly from RPGNow/DriveThruRpg!

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment