JP On Gaming

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Tyrant of Saggakar 5e: It's now a thing!

I posted a few weeks about about the creation of 5e material for Tyrants of Saggakar. With recent events, I have been thinking about it more and more, and the idea takes shape in my mind.

There is a definite shift away from Pathfinder in the gaming community.

I have been playing more 5e recently and been able to do it. Does this means I want to stop playing Pathfinder? NO! I still love that game and want to play more. However, I have been a very vocal - and finding a lot less opposition to - a slim-down/trimming of the game. For now, 5e has the advantage of being much slimmer and not yet filled with junk and an over abundance of options.

I played a lot more of it, with different GMs (not just the folks I didn't particularly care for) and find that it readily can suit my gaming needs and it would allow me to publish products for Saggakar. Is it the "perfect" or my ideal system? Oh no. But it can definitely do the things I need it to do.

I even went so far as to buy the HeroLab tie-in and began to play with it, leaving me with a number of interesting design choices. I currently have a first draft version of all the races of Saggakar (no alternate racial features yet). I am more excited about the design work itself, giving a new touch to the races in a different system.

I even went so far as to create an adventure outline to allow me to get used to the rules and involve players in the creation process. I submitted a request to the folks from Lexicon in Lexington, KY on April 22-24 to run a table of the play test on Sunday morning.

I hope everything will go well, either way, I will let you know.

ToS1-51 The Sorcerer's Lost Apprentice (5e)

Two decades ago, the Mists swallowed the capital of Markelis. A local scholar believes the cause of what happen can be found inside the city itself. All he needs now are adventurers to travel there and prove his theory.
This unique adventure set in the world of the Tyrants of Saggakar using the Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition. This is a playtest that will give players credit for their work.
This is an adventure for 3rd level characters

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment